The wife and I attend a homemade rib bonanza at Team Muff's house where we drain shitty Mexican beer and play a rousing game of Trivial Pursuit 90s Edition. Proof that we have all turned into our parents: we began questioning the "correctness" of card answers and commenting on how staying up until 11:30 seemed "late."Saturday.
The wife and I attend a barbecue at DJs which we learn upon walking into his house is actually his birthday party. The wife gets angry at me for not knowing it was his birthday (even though it was on the Evite) and I explain to her that knowing when your guy friends birthday is is totally gay, and if I bought a gift for him we would have to move in together and begin re-decorating his house in the finest tapestries and velvets. I down a homemade chili beer that I regret four hours later, eat some swine and watch some UFC fighting. The wife and I decided to duck out early to get some sleep. When we arrive back at home, Team Hofkamp stops over with a twelve pack of shitty Mexican beer and cigarettes. We hang out in our backyard for an hour until my neighbor invites us over the fence to share in his raging backyard chimenea fire and more shitty Mexican beers and cigarettes. Four hours and eight beers later, we go to bed.Sunday.
The wife and I walk over to the movie multiplex to catch the new Indiana Jones
joint. On the way, we stop to view the recently dedicated (but unfinished) Armed Forces Tribute Garden
. We grab a burger and some Lumpy Dogs at the Rock Bottom Brewery before watching yet another abortion written by George Lucas. Why do you hate me George Lucas? Aliens and UFOs? Shia LaBeouf as some sort of 1950s hood with a Pompadour and switchblade swinging on vines with monkeys? Next thing you know, you will be telling me that the force is some kind of blood disorder. Oh. Right
The wife, myself and 52,000 other people run the Bolder Boulder
under the cover of cool mist and fog. My back (almost fully healed from the bulged disc
) feels great and I finish in just over an hour
. We retire to the homestead for a much needed shower and nap. Later we attend two more Memorial Day barbecues
that feel like autumn barbecues due to the inclement weather. I play ping pong. I play foosball. I play 3-square with a beer in my hand. I go to sleep wishing I celebrated three day weekends more often.
Labels: chili dog, dj, drinking, family, food, gluttony, health, kaye, l-i-v-i-n, movies, pop culture, the greens, weekend that was, wife
I do not know why but I love this
You are fucked in the head. That is why.Gay Joe:
Well, yeah. So are you, though.Me:
Agreed. It is why we get along.Gay Joe:
It is always nice to know that you may run into someone you know if the State ever forces you into the asylum.Me:
"Matty?! Is that you?!" "Yeah! Wow! Shock therapy?" "Yup!" "Right on!"Me:
[screaming at cops] "FUCKIN' PIGS! GET YOUR FUCKIN' HANDS OFF ME! Oh, hey Joe. How are you man? ... FUCKIN' PIGS!"Gay Joe:
See you in Pueblo
Right back at you, fruitcake.
Labels: crazy, gay joe, im convos
Yesterday I rolled into the local liquor superstore Total Beverage
to replenish my depleted garage refrigerator beer stocks and keep the wife happy with a thumb-hole jug of Tanqueray and assorted flavors of tonic water. The TBev is a magical place where the end of the liquor rainbow meets with the weakness of humankind to form an alcohol purgatory where all stripes and strata of society are equal in the eyes of their liquid master. In the checkout line I witnessed the following things:
- Two morbidly obese females getting their fake IDs confiscated by the manager.
- An Eminem reject attempting to purchase two 40 ounces of Olde English and a carton of GPC Basic cigarettes only to realize that he did not have enough money to purchase said items. He eventually settled for one 40 ounce and one pack of smokes.
- A frazzled store clerk having the following sarcastic exchange with an oblivious 8-Mile after he figured out his money situation:
"Why are you guys so busy today?"
"It's Mother's Day Weekend. Mom's like to get down."
Labels: l-i-v-i-n, liquor, tomfoolery, wife
- Photobombers are people who ruin seemingly nice pictures. Here are some of the best Photobombers from Facebook.
- Sportsmanship is alive and well in female athletics. If it were dudes playing in that game the scenario would have played out something like this: Guy hits a jack. While rounding first base he blows out his knee. After making fun of the guy for blowing out his knee while rounding the bases on a home run, the opposing team feigns fake concern until trainers haul him off the field whereupon the umpire makes the proper ruling of a two-run single. The opposing team will later tell their grandchildren about some moron that shredded his ACL after going yard in a bourbon-soaked haze forty years later.
- Peanut butter and jelly. Milk and cookies. College fraternities and cocaine rings.
Labels: drugs, link goodness, sports, tomfoolery